Friday, August 26, 2011

Engaged!!!

As many of you already know, Ken and I are now engaged!!  I was asked to start a new blog so that I could share our story, share some delicious recipes, and share what is on my mind.. Can't say I didn't warn ya!

How Ken and I met- 
One night after I had moved home from Pocatello after my divorce, I decided that I would put an ad on Craigs List.  I figure I can list what I want and if they don't have what I want they can just move on.  I got lots of different types of emails.  Some were from guys that were oppoosite of what I was looking for, most looking for sex, a couple emails from OLD men wanting to be a sugar daddy (it did sound interesting not gona lie) and a couple normal sounding guys that I decided I would write back.  Ken's emails were light hearted and fun, they were also well written and he sounded like he had a brain (one of the things I wanted).  We sent emails back and forth (which I still have) started texting and then deicded we were going to meet.  Ken invited me to 20th century lanes to go bowling and then out to dinner.  I still remember what I wore that night.  A black shirt that had cute little pleats, blue jeans and a pair of brown shoes.  The reason I remember this is because I was dying that I was going to have to wear brown shoes with my black shirt!  The brown shoes were the only shoes I could find quickly that morning before I left for school that required socks.  We went to dinner at Burger and Brew and chatted the whole time, then went bowling.  We laughed and had a really good time.  I was so sad when the night came to an end because I really liked this tall, handsome, funny guys, but had NO idea if he liked me back. 
You know that awkward moment when you are saying goodbye and you don't know if you should shake hands, hug, wave or thousands of other options, oh ya we SO had ones of those.  I finally just gave him a hug and he said "I'd really like to see you again, um like tomorrow. What are you doing tomorrow?"
Tomorrow has turned in to almost 4 years later, and I love him more than I ever thought possible!  He is strong, smart, silly, kind, crazy, and everything I could have ever hoped for. 
This picture is before we got on the train so like 2 hours before proposal! I will add an amazing recipe for chicken cordon bleu and add my proposal story!
Thanks for reading!
XOXO
D
Oh and I later found out that Ken is color blind so he had no idea I was wearing brown shoes with my black shirt! He really is PERFECT FOR ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment